Monday, December 19, 2016

Send In The Clown


So, a few months ago, I had this idea for a horror story about a creepy clown, given the glut of viral clown videos popping up. But I'd been hip-deep in finishing up the first draft of THE RAVENING and didn't  want to get too side-tracked  with another project. As it is, I still need to revise the stories  for my collection, THE NIGHTMARE SEASON.

However, this idea kept nagging me until I finally wrote it. And I'm glad I took the time to do so, because I'd decided  to self-publish my very first ebook. Yes, "Clowning Around" is just a short story, but I'd been wanting to put something out there for promotional purposes. Thanks to Erin Sweet-Al Mehairi for her editorial eye and support, and author John Urbancik for his technical advice and answering my questions on ebook design and formatting. The end result isn't perfect, but not too shabby for my first attempt.

Links to the Nook ebook here, and Kindle ebook here.

If you enjoyed Tricksy the Clown, and I sincerely  hope you do, I'd be remiss in not saying that you'll be seeing more from him in the future. You see, Tricksy (one of many names), has been around for a very long time, and feeds on pain and suffering, fear and death. And he's not human, but a creature of supernatural origins.

The comparisons to another infamous horror clown is understandable (see my previous blog post), and while Stephen King's Pennywise certainly was an influence, Tricksy (or Mister Tricks, Jack Havoc, Jimmy Kayoss, Dustin Bones, etc etc) is a whole other monster altogether.


No comments:

Post a Comment